Filed under News

Final countdown for seniors: Baccalaureate Mass tonight; graduation ceremony Monday

The Archbishop Ryan Class of 2017 has heard its last school bell ring. In the coming days, the seniors will graduate. Their high school careers are a thing of the past. It is bittersweet. The seniors are now a part of the “real world” and the big decisions are just starting. Whatever happens in their lives from now on is up to them. Some of them will go on to unbelievable success and reach new heights unknown to previous Archbishop Ryan alumni. Others will fall behind the pack. That is up to them.

Tonight the seniors will go to their Baccalaureate Mass at the Cathedral Basilica of Saints Peter and Paul in Center City. It will start at 7 P.M. They have been practicing the whole week during school in the auditorium. Tonight is expected to be a perfectly rehearsed night.

Then, on Monday, the seniors will attend their graduation. It will be their last experience as Archbishop Ryan students. The graduation will take place at Temple’s Liacouras Center at 11 A.M. It is another well-rehearsed event. Most of the Archbishop Ryan staff, as well as many student leaders, will be in attendance.

Smiles and tears will be abundant on Monday. Families will be filled with pride for their graduates and teachers will be reminiscing about the memories they made with the outgoing class. Graduates will be saying some of their final goodbyes to classmates that they may never encounter again.

“It sounds cliche, but high school goes quicker than you could ever expect when you arrive as a freshman,” said senior Holly Holzer.