Filed under Features, Showcase

Succeeding students: Erin Hines

Erin+Hines
Erin Hines

Erin Hines

Erin Hines

Erin Hines, an active senior and leader in various clubs at Archbishop Ryan, is moving on to Penn State after a successful high school career at Archbishop Ryan.

“I always knew I wanted to come to Archbishop Ryan,” Hines said.  “I never visited other high schools because I knew Ryan was the place for me after one visit.  I loved that there was so much to become involved in.  There were so many different sports teams, clubs, and activities that I knew I would find somewhere that I fit in.  The first time I visited Archbishop Ryan, I knew it would become my second home.”

Hines is the National Honor Society (NHS) president, senior class vice president, Tribe-A-Thon executive, and is also a part of the English and Spanish honor societies.

One of Hines’ greatest accomplishments was winning the position of NHS president.

“I knew that being an NHS officer was something I wanted to accomplish, but I never thought that winning president was within my reach.”, Hines explained. “This [NHS]  was special to me because I was chosen by my peers.  This showed me that all of the effort I put into my schoolwork and other extracurricular activities had not gone unnoticed.  I was so honored that the other members of the National Honor Society felt I would be the best leader for them.”

After her many experiences at AR, Hines started to focus on her college career.

“It was nerve wracking.” Hines said. “When waiting for a response from colleges I applied to, I was constantly thinking and looking back on everything I’ve done over the past four years. All of my classes and clubs made me think I was a good student, and I was hoping colleges would think the same thing and would accept me.”

After visiting schools in the summer, Hines fell in love with the atmosphere at Penn State University and was hoping she would be accepted. After several weeks of waiting, Hines was accepted to the prestigious Penn State – University Park for a major in nursing.

Hines plans to become a nurse practitioner. A nurse practitioner is an advanced practice registered nurse. Hines hopes to obtain a master’s degree for this. She would have to have at least one or two years of experience as a registered nurse before pursuing this. 

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Succeeding students: Erin Hines”

1. Donna Bachmayer on May 11th, 2017 8:43 pm

Erin, I am so happy for you and your family. You would be excellent at any career you choose. As you go off to college just know you have people praying for you and sending good vibes your way. When things get hard never forget your family, friends and people are behind you. Study hard, be careful and Never get in a car with someone who has been drinking.

[Reply]

2. Dottie Prior on May 11th, 2017 9:32 pm

Congratulations Erin!! You should be so proud of all you have achieved!

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

*

• Succeeding students: Erin Hines

Showcase

Sixers preseason recap

• Succeeding students: Erin Hines

In-Depth

Fall at Shady Brook Farms

• Succeeding students: Erin Hines

News

Open House

• Succeeding students: Erin Hines

Showcase

Volleyball’s senior night

• Features

New Vice Principal of Student Affairs

• Succeeding students: Erin Hines

News

Archbishop Ryan’s second annual food truck festival

• Succeeding students: Erin Hines

News

Freshmen’s thoughts on the school year

• Showcase

A look into the 76ers season

• Succeeding students: Erin Hines

News

Ahhh SATs!

• News

Tips on how to stay organized

Succeeding students: Erin Hines