Senior letter: Tara Ticconi

Back to Article
Back to Article

Senior letter: Tara Ticconi

My first day of high school wasn’t at Archbishop Ryan. When I first walked through the AR gates, two years of high school had gone by. Everyone had a set group of friends and knew how to get around the school already. Luckily, I already had a lot of close friends at Ryan. The people were part of why I transferred to the school.

Since then, two years have passed and I’ve made so many new friends. The best part of Ryan is easily the people. There wasn’t a day spent in this building I didn’t laugh. Some of the friends I made I will keep for life.

Although I’m sad to leave the friends I’ve made, I’m excited to meet new people. I hope all of my friends find close friends and are successful wherever they end up.

It’s sad to leave and growing up is scary, but whenever I look back on the years I spent at Ryan, I’ll remember all of the happy memories like: Thon, proms, Color Games, sporting events, Kairos, and all the school dances. While high school wasn’t “the best four years of my life,” I really enjoyed my time here. When I was a freshman, everyone always told me how fast high school flies by. I could not imagine them to be right. These past four years flew by. I’m excited for our class reunions to see where all of my classmates end up. I wish them all the best.

My one advice to underclassmen would be go on Kairos. Even as a non-Catholic, I really enjoyed Kairos. I met so many new people and it changed my outlook completely.

One course that impacted my decision for a major was Journalism. The two years I spent working on the Ryan Review taught me many things.

I’m proud of all of my high school achievements: Quill and Scroll National Journalism Honors Society, First Honors, Best Hair and academic scholarships to each of the 16 schools I was accepted to. I’m confident my future will be filled with many more successes, thanks to the skills Archbishop Ryan imparted on me.

Next fall I’m excited to study at Duquesne University and double major in MultiMedia Journalism and Political Science. Even though I’ll be far from home, I hope to keep in contact with some of the friends I made.

What I’m going to miss the most, other than my friends of course, will be hot cheese, warm cookies and 35 cent chips from the candy store. I’ll look back on my Ryan days of two years full of fire drills and fond memories.