Filed under Opinion

How to finish finals, finally

Desks are empty now, but tomorrow they will be occupied by AR students taking final exams.

dcJohn, flickr.com

dcJohn, flickr.com

The excitement of summer is the talk of Archbishop Ryan’s students these next few days. With the seniors graduating, the underclassmen are ready to move on and start their summer.  Just one thing is stopping them from summer — final exams.

With finals, students are cramming and trying their best to pass. It may become stressful for some students, especially those who have trouble with test taking.  There are a few important things to remember while preparing for finals. Remember to always remain calm taking tests.  It is not healthy to become overwhelmed.  Studying a little bit every night, rather than waiting until last minute to go over notes, helps prevent becoming overwhelmed. Make sure to stay organized.  Manage time efficiently and use  time wisely. Make sure to get plenty of sleep on the nights before final exams.  It is important to stay awake and alert while taking the finals. Following these steps will help make it easier when taking exams.

According to College Board, finals are very important. Colleges look at high school class ranks and scores.

Finals can be very stressful, and it is important to talk about it. If a student is becoming overwhelmed with a subject and a final, talk to the teacher and ask for guidance. These tests aren’t supposed to cause stress and pain. The most important thing is to not slack and to try the best.

Finals week will be over soon, and summer 2017 will begin shortly. Make sure to be fully focused during exams and to work hard, summer will be here before you know it.

Student Alainna Pettit said: “Finals are stressful but before we know it, summer will be here.”