Filed under News

Fall Ball Homecoming Dance 2017

On October 27 from 7-10 p.m. in the South Gym, the annual Archbishop Ryan homecoming dance will be held. Many students have been looking forward to this dance for weeks. With girls finding dresses and students running for the homecoming court, king, and queen, this dance is the hot topic going around school. Ladies and gentleman, bring your dancing shoes to Archbishop Ryan next Friday.

Senior Paige Lampe is one of the many senior girls running for homecoming queen.

“I decided to run for homecoming queen because it has always been a dream of mine. I never thought I would get the opportunity to because my boyfriend, Jimmy Dolan, went to Germantown Academy. I also decided to run because it is a tradition that a cheerleader runs every year. Kerry Dunphy and Alessia Rosillo were two of the previous cheerleaders who inspired me to run. Another reason I decided to run was because of my boyfriend transferring to Ryan. I am a cheerleader and he plays football and we’ve been together for over three years now. I thought it would be a fun opportunity to run together and even more fun if we won together,” Lampe said.

Last year, Lampe decided not to run for homecoming court because her best friend and teammate, Bella Dinardo, was running and she wanted to focus on supporting her.

Senior Jimmy Dolan is a transfer student at Ryan who came from Germantown Academy.

“I enjoy it a lot. It’s a very different atmosphere from what I’ve been used to over the past three years. I’m happy seeing my friends every day and experiencing what Ryan is like. I love playing sports for Ryan and competing against teams in the Catholic League. Defeating Judge in football was by far my favorite part of this year so far,” said Dolan about how he feels about Ryan so far.

“My girlfriend, Paige Lampe, who is a cheerleader at Ryan, talked about running for homecoming king and queen together freshman year. While I was at Germantown Academy this was not possible, but we always wished it would somehow work out. I feel like running will be a great experience, win or lose,” said Dolan.

“I think I should be voted homecoming queen because I am a good representative of what the title entails. I am a hardworking honors student and I am very involved in the school. I am a cheerleader, a member of NHS, Vice President of NEHS, a member of the Health Careers Club, and I have also participated in softball and lacrosse at Ryan. I am friends with everyone I have encountered at Ryan and I have learned a lot from each and every one of them in my amazing three years here. Thank you everyone for reading this and considering voting for Jimmy and I,” stated Lampe.

Permission slips are available in the student affairs office and are to be picked up, signed by a parent, and brought back to school by Friday, October 20. Guest forms are now available to be picked up if students wish to bring a student from another school. No payment is needed when picking up the permission form. The price for the ticket is included in the tuition. The price for a guest to attend the dance is $10.

The attire for the dance is formal. Girls should wear appropriate length dresses and boys should wear dress pants. This is expected to be a fun night for everyone filled with lots of great memories.