Filed under News

Ryan Students Dance Night Away at Homecoming

On Friday, September 28th, Archbishop Ryan held their annual Homecoming Dance. Students from every grade gathered in the South Gymnasium to celebrate the beginning of the year with a dance.

One tradition that Archbishop Ryan students take part in every year is crowning Homecoming King and Queen for the seniors, and Homecoming Court for the underclassmen. This year’s King and Queen are Sean Lopez and Briana McClane. Winners for Homecoming Court are juniors John Weist and Lacey Carroll, sophomores Sidiki Fofana and Sophia Ross and freshmen, Fred Schilling and Taylor Semereglia.

McClane said, “Having my classmates choose me over other candidates made me feel very special. This dance was better than any school dance I have been to and I am so happy that I chose to come to Archbishop Ryan.”

Another important aspect of any annual Archbishop Ryan High School dance is the student council, who organize each dance. The student body president, Peter Marcellino, has helped set up every homecoming dance for the past four years and he said this year’s homecoming was the best one yet.

“The main parts of organizing the dance were getting the decorations set up, the DJ booked, and the food ordered,” Marcellino said. “Having a great turn out and watching just about everyone dance and have a good time made my experience for this dance better than any other.”

Elizabeth Walp

The Homecoming dance had a fun, welcoming feeling. The administrators were lined up at the entrance complementing and greeting the students as they arrived. Food and beverages, like pretzels, soda and pizza, were available in the cafeteria. The dancing and music was in the school’s gymnasium which was lit with colorful strobe lights. With a variety of music from the 80’s through today, the dance floor was always crowded. From the beginning to the end, AR students “rocked” homecoming!